Caritas Schweiz: Multi-Site Relaunch
Our task was the holistic relaunch of three Caritas Switzerland websites on one design system and one technology platform.
Caritas Schweiz is a charitable organisation committed to preventing and fighting poverty in Switzerland and worldwide in around 20 countries. As well as providing emergency relief in disasters, their work encompasses a vast range of socially essential areas such as support for those on a low income or seeking asylum.
Caritas-Bergeinsatz is dedicated to supporting the mountain farming community. The goal of the organisation is to connect farmers with volunteers who can ease the workload of farmers during busy periods or emergencies. The scheme is very often vital for the farming community to ensure the farm remains operational, even during times of extreme pressure.
Caritas Care specifically focuses on support for the elderly to provide them with the care they need in their later years, while at the same time retaining their independence. Additionally, Caritas Care provides wages for relatives who act as caregivers and dedicate their time to care.
- Holistic relaunch of the www.caritas.ch, www.bergeinsatz.ch, www.caritascare.ch websites
- Use of open-source technologies
- Delivery of fresh concepts & design across all three websites
- Technical SEO set-up
- Delivery of a tailored portal solution that provides the editorial and structural basis for all Caritas communications strategy.
- Development of a durable, reliable and performant technical platform with easy handling
Our Solution & Services
- User-centred, mobile-first development of a content requirements model for the websites, based on user segments, user research, user journey mapping and data analysis in a workshop phase.
- Information architecture and content accessibility concept in close collaboration with Caritas Schweiz
- For caritas.ch: Joint development of a central "content hub" approach. This is based on tagged content and a system of visible and hidden filters. In this way, the user is given individual, intuitive and demand-oriented access to relevant information on the entire website with a liquid information architecture.
- User Interface Design Development
- Implementation of a component-based design-system
- Concept and implementation of a flexible content hub
- State-of-the-art setup based on Drupal 9, decoupled with a ReactJS & Gatsby frontend
- Extensive and flexible editorial toolkit
- Multi-site solution: one Content Management System (CMS) for all three sites
- Long-term maintenance strategy
- Integration of a robust & flexible donation module to support fundraising
- Complete relaunch of the Bergeinsatz booking tool for volunteers with a newly introduced login option and simplified booking workflows