We’re proud to be part of the organising team as well as a Gold sponsor for this awesome community run event. We’ve submitted several talks and hope you do the same.
About Mountain Camp
The camp is designed to combine the beauty of the snow-covered Swiss Alps, with the warmth of the Drupal community. It's a perfect combination of fresh tracks for those who ski or snowboard, with inspirational talks by amazing people. This will, of course, be accompanied by some world famous Swiss cheese and chocolate.
The camp takes place from 7 - 10 March 2019, at the Davos Congress Centre.
Final call for sessions
If that sounds interesting and you want to know more about the topic submission process, read on:
How can I submit a session?
- So you've got something you'd like to talk about, awesome, here's how you can submit a session:
- Head on over to the submit a session link.
- Think of a catchy title and fill in the Session Title.
- What is your talk about? Try to write 4-5 lines about what you'd like to talk about in the Description textbox.
Note: you can add images if it helps to portray your talk.
- Select what kind of Session Type (how much time) you'd like.
- Input the appropriate Tracks - you may select multiple if your talk covers various topics.
- Select the Level of Expertise - is it more of a beginner talk or does it become quite advanced with technical terms?
- Don't forget to add your Speaker Name and Contact Email.
Why should I submit a session?
Preparing and then presenting helps to entrench your knowledge on the topic. You'll also learn from your peers who attend your talk, through feedback and questions.
Be sure to take note of the following, when considering your topic and submission:
- Giving a talk will require a lot of work and preparation, but don't let that put you off. It will pay off in the end.
- People who attend your talk are generally looking for help in your specific topic, so this will be a great time for networking.
- You'll be noticed and people will tell you that you're cool.
- Ok, maybe you don't want to be noticed, and maybe you're fine with not being called cool, but you'll definitely have fun talking.
- You'll feel way more confident afterwards, which might be a good enough boost for you to jump on a snowboard and hit the slopes on the weekend.
Check out some of these great proposed sessions for inspiration:
- Enrich your Paragraphs Workflow with features you didn’t know about, by Milos Bovan
- GraphQL 101: What?, Why?, How? by Maria Comas
- Best Practices: How we run Decoupled Websites with 110 million hits per month, by Michael Schmid
- Let’s Write Secure Drupal Code!, By Balazs Janos Tatar
- Current State Of The Drupal Admin UI Redesign, by Sascha Eggenberger and Cristina Chumillas
I hope this has inspired you! Now go ahead and submit your talk and we'll see you in March in Davos, Switzerland. Till then, follow the Camp on Twitter.