For those new to the event, it’s an annual gathering of people loving, learning and discussing Drupal. Organised by the Drupal community, it takes place in Europe every year and gathers people from all over the world who contribute to the progress of Drupal.
With loads of really great speakers, it’s going to be a week full of action-packed talks and workshops. We’re eager to catch The State of Drupal 10 by Gábor Hojtsy, and here are just a few of the other highlights we’re looking forward to:
- Progressive decoupling: A how-to with an example from the World Health Organisation. Kate Marshalkina, Tech Lead, and Rodrigo Aguilera, Senior Developer at SystemSeed, share why they set up the multi-lingual WHO EQUIP project as a progressively decoupled PWA, and how to decide if progressive decoupling is right for your project.
- Progressive Web Apps in a Drupal world. Marc van Gend, Drupal Developer and Web Architect at LimoenGroen, will get everyone up to speed with what a PWA is and how the basic concepts work, which should enable you to decide if you or your client would want one. After that, he’ll dive into implementation of the PWA module and end with tips and tricks to help you during development and debugging.
- CKEditor 5 for Drupal Developers. Lauri Eskola, Staff Software Engineer at Acquia, will take you through the benefits of CKEditor 5 which replaces CKEditor 4 in Drupal 10 – you’ll learn why this new content editor could both simplify the work of building pages in Drupal and add modern improvements. You’ll also leave with a better understanding of how to extend it with your own features.
- Drupal SEO Pitfalls and How To Avoid Them. Brent Gees, Drupal Developer, and Wouter De Bruycker, SEO Strategist and Evangelist at Dropsolid, will demonstrate how Drupal can be the perfect technical SEO platform, provided it's set up correctly. By the end of the session, you’ll understand there's more to SEO in Drupal than enabling a couple of modules – they’ll give you methods and guidelines to detect, fix, and prevent problems to develop high-quality Drupal sites with SEO in mind.
- Decoupled in Practice (2022 edition). Alex Moreno, Developer Advocate at Pantheon, will cover real-life examples of how companies of all sizes are doing Decoupled in 2022 – which options you have to decouple, what modules can help, what hosting options you have etc. He’ll cover real-life problems, and how Decoupled solutions can help to fix them.
- Should you go Serverless? Robert Slootjes, Technical Director at Media.Monks, will introduce the concept of serverless architecture, covering its advantages and disadvantages. By the end of the talk, you’ll understand why serverless architecture is so great and you’ll be excited to create your own serverless solutions to make your life easier.