Full-time Requirements Engineer in Zurich or Remote (German & English speaking)
Amazee Labs is one of the leading global Drupal and ReactJS agencies with a passion for engaging web design. We excel in the areas of web design and user experience, responsive design, second screen solutions and high performing websites. We go the extra mile with the services we provide, which include web consulting, interaction design, web development as well as maintenance and are proud to count both small as well as large international companies to our diverse portfolio of clients.
We are recruiting a skilled team member to oversee the development of detailed functional requirements for any incoming project requests, able to join our team immediately or by agreement as a:
Requirements Engineer (100%)
In more detail, as a Requirements Engineer, you will be responsible for developing user requirements for the purpose of creating software products that meet customer needs, strategic direction, expected delivery dates, and exceptional quality standards.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- You’ll develop detailed functional and technical requirements for web solutions and help to estimate development efforts
- You’ll consult the internal project managers with regards to user needs and scope of the project and support the creation of storyboards and critical user interface functionalities
- You’ll define testing standards and approval criteria for software features
- You’ll communicate engineering limitations to customers, and customer requirements to engineers and evaluate defects from a development perspective
- You’ll lead requirement review meetings to analyze and resolve software requirements issues and document their solutions
- You’ll provide impact analyses to determine how software changes will affect user workflows, often proposing and documenting recommendations
- You’ll ensure compliance with industry standards, regulatory standards and Amazee Labs quality processes
Requirements & Competencies:
- You are fluent in professional German and English and prove excellent communication skills
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, math or other relevant combination of training and education
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a software engineering environment
- You have a profound understanding of software development life cycles, testing methodologies, quality controls, quality assurance techniques, and engineering principles.
- You feel comfortable communicating with both technical experts as well as with non-technical stakeholders
- You demonstrate familiarity with agile work environments and workflows and with a T&M cost logic
- You enjoy to describe workflows and troubleshoot workflow issues
- You have strong analytical skills, with an ability to understand the system-level impact
- You're a team player and like to work in a dynamic and international team with high energy
If you are excited about the opportunity to join an international digital agency and think you will be a good fit, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please ensure your profile meets our requirements and send us a one-page cover letter in English that showcases your communication style, introduces you to us, details your relevant work experience, and highlights anything you feel we should know before we make contact with you. Your ability to communicate in English is vital, so your concise cover letter is very important to us - we promise to read every word! If you wish, you may additionally submit a German cover letter. Although it is not our primary focus, please feel free to also upload a concise CV.
- A professional global team with a flat structure
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional travel opportunities to our hubs in Cape Town, the United Kingdom, and Austin, Texas
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Allocated time for team workshops, learning, and personal growth
- You have a say in how to spend your biennial soft and hardware budget
- An annual budget for education to attend conferences, etc.
- An annual budget for sporting goods